As a growing business, working within the vibrant local community of Kings Hill, West Malling, we’re in the perfect position to contribute positively to the economic vitality of the area through our recruitment, procurement, environmental and corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategies.
Our CSR strategy focuses on 3 key areas: ‘Our People’; ‘Our Community’ and ‘Our Environment’.
We’re proud to hold the coveted Investors in People Gold accreditation, demonstrating our commitment to nurturing and developing our team. It’s important that our people are the focus of our CSR strategy – not only in the development, planning and delivery of our aims, but also as direct beneficiaries of the outcomes.
Here are just some of the initiatives we’ve implemented to acquire, manage, develop and retain our people in a valuing, sustainable way;
- Recruitment within the local area for all centre team posts
- ‘Ring-fence’ questions related to BAB’s core values within the interview process
- Survey our team every 6 months
- Recognise every employee’s birthday and work anniversary
- Competitive salary and benefit packages, regularly reviewed against industry benchmarks
- Working towards the Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Award
- Regular reviews and proactive personal development plans
As a successful local business, we are passionate about being a part of and contributing positively to our local community. We want to inspire and encourage those around us, drawing in new talent, supporting those starting out in business and utilising our experience, and a proportion of our profits, to assist those in need throughout the local community.
Some great ways we have been supporting out local community, and beyond, include;
- Introduced our BAB ‘Charity of the Year’ initiative. In 2015 we raised raised over £3,000 for Bloodwise and in 2016 we’re aiming to exceed this target for our nominated charity – Macmillan Cancer Care
- Taken part in a company-wide volunteering challenge, removing Ragwort at Rainham Marshes
- We are a Patron of the Kent Invicta Chamber, where we provide free advice at events and sponsorship of their annual awards
- We prioritise local suppliers in all purchasing decisions
The British Assessment Bureau has maintained an Environmental Policy and an Environmental Action Plan (EAP) since 2007.
Just some of the things we do to ensure we’re sensitive to our environment and support environmental sustainability follow below:
- Use Skype and webinar technology as an alternative to some face-to-face meetings
- Scrap and recycled paper used for all in-house printing
- Strict recycling policy at Head Office
- Field Auditors kept within a 60 mile radius of their home