Commitment to privacy
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal information you provide to us.
When you provide us with your personal data, you consent to us processing all such personal data as set out in the Privacy Statement. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully and revisit this page from time to time to review any changes that we may have made.
Even though we take appropriate technical steps to protect your security, you should remember that data transmission over the internet cannot always be guaranteed as 100% secure so you use the website at your own risk.
We keep personal data upon contacting us to provide you with a quotation or subscription. This data will be held securely on our systems, so we can contact you back in the future.
You have the right to ask for a copy of your data held by us in return for which you may be charged a small administration fee. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data or remove your details altogether.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect information to help manage the services we provide, we will contact you about the following:
- Important information relevant to your Certification, such as invoices, audit dates, plans and reports
- Industry updates that could affect your Certification
- British Assessment Bureau products, services, offers and promotions.
The type of Information do we have?
The information we have about you is limited to only what we need to provide our services effectively. This information includes:
- Your name, work e-mail address and work phone number
- Your company’s address
- Your company registration number
- A description of what your company does
- A record of any written communications.
How do we get your information?
We only collect the information you provide us during contact. For example, when you:
- Enquire about ISO Certification
- Sign-up to an ISO Certification subscription
- Enquire about training
- Sign-up to e-learning
- Onsite during assessment visits.
Who do we share your data with?
ISO Certification – we will share your data with our regulator for our accreditation and a third party satisfaction review company. BABlearn – we will share your full name and e-mail address with a third party who host our e-learning. We do not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
If your certification is suspended or withdrawn, we will keep your personal data until the end of the next certification cycle as per our agreement with our regulator. After this time, it will be permanently deleted.
If you enquire about our services, but don’t go ahead with them, we’ll keep your personal data for one month from last contact before permanently deleting it.
How do we protect your personal data?
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind, we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology. Access to your personal data is password-protected.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
What are your rights?
You have several legal rights in relation to the information that we hold about you, including:
- The right to request details of the information we have about you
- The right to withdraw your consent to the use of your information for marketing messages, there will always be an ‘unsubscribe’ button within the message. Please note, we will still be entitled to process your information if you’re an existing client and we have another legitimate reason for doing so
- The right to ask that we update your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to ask that we erase your information in certain circumstances. Please note, there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your information, but we are legally entitled, or on to retain it
- The right to make a complaint with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contact us” section below.
What are cookies?
Other important information
Please note that if you’re signing up for our subscription there will be extra terms and conditions to look at.
Our Data Protection Officer is Mr Mark Nutburn.
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of other sites and we advise you to read the privacy statement of every website that collects personal information from you.
If you want to know more about how we use your information or to raise any queries with us in relation to your information, please contact us.